Did you realize BorgWarner’s origins can take us back all the way to 1880? The BorgWarner we all know about today started in 1928. That’s a whole lot of decades in the industry. Currently, BorgWarner is a massive company, providing parts for car companies that need to work day in and day out. That same OEM reliability and quality standard reflect the same in their aftermarket options, with way more performance.
The EFR 9180 is BorgWarner’s answer to the goal of a 1000hp capable turbo with unparalleled spool and response. Winning races is the purpose of this turbo. Honda’s Indycar Team, 3x World Time Attack Champions Tilton Racing, 2012 WTAC champs Nemo-Racing, FXMD NSX and many more – this turbo redefines what 67mm turbos are capable of. The EFR 9180 is the biggest, baddest, highest flowing turbo in the EFR family. Capable of a remarkable 94lb/min airflow and stable at high boost levels, the 91mm OD compressor measures 67.7mm inducer and is a 7 blade extended-tip FMW compressor wheel design. Utilizing the identical design and material turbine and compressor wheels as Honda’s IndyCar 2.2L single turbo engines, EFR 9180 is ideal for use as single turbo applications in the 700-1000hp per turbo range, or as very high power twin turbo applications >1000-1700+hp. Available with .83 a/r (undivided T3 IWG) or 1.05 a/r and 1.45 a/r divided twin scroll T4 housings (external WG). Ceramic Ball Bearing only, water cooling optional (recommended)
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka small 3″ vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in oil control orifice – (aka oil restrictor) **no restrictor can be used with EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section – water cooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram: @FFPerformanceAZ and Youtube.
EMAIL A FACTORY SPECIALIST FOR HELP CALL A FACTORY SPECIALIST NOW
There are no reviews yet.