Upgrade the interior of your BMW with the new Vivid Racing Steering Wheel. Vivid Racing has done steering wheels like this for cars such as Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, and more! This steering wheel upgrade brings in proper ergonomics and luxury feeling that the OEM steering wheel simply does not have. You spend hours behind the wheel driving your car, might as well make driving feel good! The new steering wheel is based on OEM steering wheel cores. So no matter the year, the buttons you have, we can make a wheel for you. Vivid Racing’s factory alters the shape while keeping the original inner ring for safety. The steering wheel features beefier hand grips at 9 and 3 positions giving you proper driving ergonomics. The steering wheel features many options you can configure such as a colored 12 o’clock ring, matching stitching, leather, carbon fiber, perforated leather, Alcantara, and more. Because these are made off a factory steering wheel core, you retain your original buttons and trim along with reusing your airbag. This is not a simple cover but a re-engineered steering wheel!
These are FULLY customizable. Pictures are just samples of what can be done!
When you configure the options for your steering wheel, you will notice there is a core charge. Once we receive your original steering wheel back here at the Vivid Racing headquarters, we will refund you this core amount. If you choose to keep your stock steering wheel, you just forfeit the core charge. Some steering wheels are available in stock while others are made to order and take 6-8 weeks.
- Before we process your order, we request a photo of your stock steering wheel in your vehicle to make sure there are no differences or issues in the steering wheel build.
- Though some options are shown as $0.00 cost, a combination of or certain materials may require additional fees. If there is an issue with the spec of your steering wheel, we will contact you before processing. Some cores may or may not be available. In the event we cannot provide a core or the core we have to buy is more expensive than the core charge, we will contact you before processing.
- 12 O-Clock Ring – This is the center ring on the top of the steering wheel that gives it the race look. On hard materials such as carbon fiber, this is painted. On leather, Alcantara, or soft materials, this is sewn in place. For either, this can be thin or thick. We always default to thick unless the customer specifies in comments. The Tri-Color options are the colors of that countries flag.
- Steering Wheel Stitching – This is the stitching color that is used on the steering wheel. The Tri-Color options are the colors of that countries flag.
- Steering Wheel Top Section – This is the top of the steering wheel that goes from 10 to 2. Different material and finish can be done.
- Steering Wheel Hand Grips – This is the area between around 7-10 and 2-5 where your hands are usually at while driving. Most people prefer perforated leather to breathe best or Alcantara for high-performance sports cars. This can be done in other materials or colors.
- Steering Wheel Bottom Section – This is the bottom of the steering wheel between 7 and 5. This is typically done to match the top but can be done in a variety of materials and colors. If the steering wheel bottom has the space, we can include a bottom inlay.
- Steering Wheel Bottom Inlay – This is the portion of the steering wheel bottom around 6 O’Clock where we can inlay a separate piece of material. For example, if you did all leather but wanted to have an inlay of carbon fiber there. This can only be done if enough material is there on the steering wheel.
- Steering Wheel Shape Top – The top of the steering wheel is typically round or the stock shape. We can also do these in a semi-flat shape or even a flat shape. This involves altering the wheels factory structural ring.
- Steering Wheel Shape Bottom – The bottom of the steering wheel is usually done in a semi-flat shape. Most people prefer this for a more sporty driving experience. A completely flat shape can be done but this involves altering the wheels factory structural ring.
- Steering Wheel Shift Light – The Steering Wheel Shift Light System is embedded into the top portion of the steering wheel. This can only be done with the standard round shape. The shift light requires wiring. We DO NOT have per vehicle instructions. There are no returns on these custom wheels once ordered if you cannot get the shift light to work. This is for professional shop installation only! Shift light comes with a 1-year warranty. View Instructions Info Here
- Finger Ridges – We can add the finger ridges to the backside of any steering wheel top. This gives some nice driving comfort for those that like to get there hands up to top to cruise the roads.
- Center Trim – We can also customize the center trim that goes around buttons and the airbag IF the core we use has the center trim available. Typical steering wheel cores do not include the center trim. This may be an additional cost for us to allocate a core. Should you receive a core with the trim done, we need to receive back your core with the OEM trim.
- Paddle Shifters – For those that have Paddle Shifters, we can also customize these as well. We typically will wrap them in a carbon fiber version and then add the +/- signs in a corresponding color. This can only be done with the core provided includes the paddle shifters.
- Other Options Not Listed – For additional costs, we can also do airbag covers. This requires the airbag cover provided or sourced. For those with heated steering wheels, we can retain this option for an additional cost as well. Contact us for further pricing.
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.