Representing the next evolution of the wildly popular EFR 9174, the EFR9274 is a brand new release for 2019 from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. The all-new EFR 9274 is intended for applications that will push a turbo to the limit with high boost and critically high turbo shaft speed. Recommended for competitive drift and time attack applications, this unique turbo was designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 91mm compressor exducer with 72mm compressor inducer to allow the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top. RPM Capabilities have also been improved with higher pressure ratios achieved at lower turbo shaft speed. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR 9174, this turbo flows an impressive 106lbs/min of air at 125k RPM maximum shaft speed.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 72mm
- Max Flow Rate: 106 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
Using Borg Warner’s 72mm inducer billet compressor wheel, the 9274 houses the 7 blade extended-tip EFR compressor wheel design with an aggressive trim, capable of 106 lb/min airflow rate. Ceramic Ball Bearing only. We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run to the limit.
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
The EFR 9274 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008000
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741008001
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019002
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008003
1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll External-WG
0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
Optional 2000 Degree Coating
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in 2mm oil restrictor
- Watercooled Center Section – water cooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.