The Ford F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse – so strength and durability are mandatory. OEM ecoboost intercoolers use thin aluminum cores crimped with plastic endtanks. This design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However high-performance and larger turbos can overwork the stock core, causing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine causing a misfire event. If you have experienced this often, we recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body.
THE FULL-RACE FORD F-150 ECOBOOST INTERCOOLER / CAC UPGRADE KIT INCLUDES
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels. 70% more internal flow area than stock, using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (compared to the stock 6.5mm air paths)
- Intercooler Mounting Beam
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- 2-ply Couplers and t-bolt clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
FORD F-150 ECOBOOST FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT FEATURES
- Direct Replacement: Plug-and-Play – No tuning required!
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Hand fabricated, professionally TIG welded endtanks and mounting tabs with bead-rolled charge pipes
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings
- No cutting or permanent modifications required – Direct Bolt On
- Optional Black or Gunmetal powder coated finish
**NOT winch compatible**
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and excellent, so without hesitation, give us a call at (480) 576-8606. Feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.