INCREASED COOLING PERFORMANCE FOR 2017+ GEN2 / 2020+ GEN3 RAPTOR AND 2015+ FORD F-150 ECOBOOST
A high-performance intercooler is the most important upgrade for your turbocharged Ford EcoBoost engine. Also known as the ‘C-A-C’ (Charge Air Cooler) the intercooler’s job is to cool the charge air temperatures and prevent knock. The problem is OEM coolers can reach 190-220F at max load! (this is way too hot). With only the Full-Race Intercooler upgrade installed, Inlet Air Temp (IAT) can drop 90+ degrees, controlling temps at or near ambient.
The Full-Race V2 Intercooler is the toughest and highest-flowing intercooler ever developed for the Ford Raptor and EcoBoost F-150 trucks. Featuring aerodynamic cast end tanks with internal flow dividers, this hardcore intercooler supports a 1000cfm flow rate (that’s a 70% increase of internal flow area over stock), and limits pressure drops to <1psi at 700+hp airflow rates.
Our solution uses efficient and durable bar-and-plate intercoolers with optimized Fin pitch, and expertly TIG welded endtanks in precise fixtures. This intercooler uses 3.0″ inlet / 3.0″ outlet and is available with water/meth bungs on the coldside charge pipe. Each intercooler is indivudally leak tested to 50psi, as even the tiniest hole can cause a dramatic loss in power. Being that the stock EcoBoost intercooler mounting location is anything but ideal, Full-Race focused on making the installation of a steel bumper, bull bar, snowplow, and virtually any other form of F-150 front end upgrade fully compatible with this intercooler.
The 2015+ EcoBoost Ford F-150 (and its hardcore Gen 2/Gen 3 Raptor brethren) is the sort of truck that can tackle the worst forms of worksite abuse, and then shift gears to take on some serious off-road action over the weekend. Unfortunately, even the most hardcore trucks have their inherent pitfalls, with the intercooler portion of this pickup being one of its greatest weaknesses.
Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock intercooler unit on the F-150 is tucked beneath the radiator, and sits toward the lower portion of the front grille. The OE EcoBoost intercooler is little more than an aluminum core that’s been affixed to a couple of equally dinky plastic end tanks, which needless to say is not ideal for durability or for keeping intake air temperatures in check. Additionally, the stock intercooler does not allow the fitment of an aftermarket bumper (or a slew of other front-mount accessories), and will not support the addition of things like larger turbos or a tune on stock turbos.
Simply put: The stock EcoBoost intercooler unit is not cool whatsoever, and its replacement should be a top priority when modifying an F-150 with a twin-turbo 2.7L or 3.5L EcoBoost engine.
Full-Race eliminates all of these issues via the use of an aerospace-grade intercooler core with TIG welded end tanks with internal flow dividers, and then gives it a hand-fabricated lower support beam constructed from high-strength steel for additional rigidity and longevity. Inlet and outlet sizing has been boosted to accommodate 3″ piping on each side, with the cold side of the charge pipe being fully customizable for those looking to slap in some water/meth injectors. Each intercooler can also be powder-coated black or gunmetal for additional appearance and protective purposes, with throttle body spacers for extra boost ports being optional as well. For those looking to get the most out of their EcoBoost engine, a Turbosmart Vee Port EM Valve or a Smart Port blow-off valve can be added to the mix.
FORD F-150 / RAPTOR ECOBOOST FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT FEATURES
- High-efficiency core designed specifically for the 2.7L and 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- CFD optimized high-strength cast end tanks using ANSYS software
- All necessary couplers, piping, and mounting bracketry
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit water/meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings, so no tuning is required
- Optional black or gunmetal powder coating
- Allows the use of off-road pre-runner bumpers, brush guards, and other front-mounted aftermarket upgrades
- Allows fitment of snowplow mounts and other work-related accessories
- Winch compatible when properly outfitted
OEM Electronic Blow Off Valve option (eBOV)
In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine, causing a misfire event. We recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body. The 2015+ EBOV may leak boost above 22psi, so we strongly recommend using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups.
Turbosmart Smart Port BOV (External Blow Off Valve Option)
2015+ FORD F-150 ECOBOOST INTERCOOLER KIT SPECS
- Front mount intercooler core features a >1000cfm flow rate (70% increase over stock),
- Oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (3.5mm larger than stock)
- Rated at having only a <1psi pressure drop at 700+hp airflow levels
- 17.8L total internal volume
- Solid steel intercooler lower mounting beam
- Comes with intercooler upper mounting brackets
- Aluminum charge piping (for both hot and cold sides)
- Silicone couplers and metal clamps
- Horn relocation bracket
- Adaptive cruise control relocation bracket (if specified)
- Optional black or gunmetal powder coating
- Turbosmart Vee Port EM Valve and Smart Port Valve BOV compatible
- 2015+ Ford F-150 Ecoboost 3.5L and 2.7L
- 2017+ Gen 2 Raptor
- 2021+ Ford F-150 Ecoboost 3.5L and 2.7L
- 2021+ Gen 3 Raptor (Factory Intercooler Fans Must Be Removed)
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.