- GEN II COMPRESSOR WHEEL AERODYNAMICS
- 88MM COMPRESSOR INDUCER | 120MM COMPRESSOR EXDUCER
- 99MM TURBINE INDUCER | 91MM TURBINE EXDUCER
- 9% INCREASED COMPRESSOR FLOW
- LARGER .88 A/R COMPRESSOR HOUSING VOLUTE
- GTX5020R FEATURES A 120mm COMP EXDUCER ( + 2 mm) AND HAS 30% LOWER INERTIA COMPARED TO GTX5018R
- SUPERCORE AND TURBINE HOUSING SOLD SEPARATELY
- COMPATIBLE WITH GT AND GTX TURBINE HOUSINGS
WARNING: Maximum allowable turbocharger speed is 93krpm. The use of this product above max turbocharger speed is at the owner’s risk, and can result in damage and premature failure. To protect the turbocharger from overspeed when operating, a speed sensor can be installed into the compressor housing to monitor shaft speed. Sensors sold separately.
Performance results of this product are highly dependent upon your vehicle’s modifications and tuning/calibration. The horsepower numbers represented above are calculated based strictly on choke flow of the compressor map (total turbo capability), which represents the potential flywheel horsepower.
|GTX5020R GEN II | Reference Data||Compressor||Turbine|
The latest Garrett technologies featuring many advanced features.
EXHAUST FLOW CHART
Gen II Compressor Wheel Dimensions and Aerodynamics
GTX5020R Available in 76mm, 80mm, and 88mm inducer diameters
- Comp exducer is now 120mm (+2mm vs Gen 1)
- Gen II wheel produces 9% more air flow
- 30% lower inertia
- Reduced inertia due to reduction of material in the hub and blades
- Roughly 20% lower mass
- Lower inertia helps make boost faster and increases overall turbo efficiency
- Increased flow has potential to make more power at same boost or same power at lower boost levels
Larger Comp Exducer on Gen II
.88 A/R Compressor Housing
Gen II features a larger .88 A/R (Gen I .69 A/R)
- This helps maximize the power capacity of the new compressor wheel.
- This is also the same compressor housing used on the GTX5533R (85mm and 88mm)
Larger Compressor Volute
.88 A/R Compressor Housing
Gen II features a larger .88 A/R compressor housing that will cause an increase in outline dimensions only on the cold side of the turbo.
- +6mm longer on the comp outlet Fig. A
- +10mm longer on the comp inlet Fig. B
- Comp outlet diameter 107mm (same)
- Not outline interchangeable with gen 1
Dimensional Compressor Measurements vs. Gen I
- Lightweight billet backplate
- (NEW) Backplate to compressor housing O-ring
- Speed sensor port compatible only with new flange style speed sensors: (pn 781328-0003 Street Kit | pn 781328-0004 Pro)
Compatible only with New G Series Speed Sensor
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat, or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.