- When ordering please match the color of your air filter with the cleaning kit.
Specially designed, lightweight filter lubricant is designed to be vehicle sensor-friendly and create a positive (+) magnetic charge, or ionic bond, with the filter’s stainless steel mesh. This positive charge attracts negatively (-) charged dust particles as small as 5 microns from entering the filter, causing them to stick to the stainless steel mesh, which allows the cotton to remain clear for maximum airflow.
PRL Motorsports recommends visually inspecting the air filter for screen visibility at every oil change and requires cleaning the air filter element whenever the screen is no longer visible or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. When used in dusty or off-road environments, filters will require cleaning more often.
- Pre-Cleaning: Tap the filter or blow with air to remove excess dirt.
- Apply Cleaner: Spray the filter with a cleaner kit and allow the solution to soak in for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse: Rinse the filter with warm water, clean side to dirty side to flush out the dirt.
- Drying: Allow the filter to dry naturally. Try to avoid heat to avoid shrinking the cotton.
- Apply Oil: Re-Oil the filter using the filter oil by using 1 spray per 2 square inches of filter. Be sure to not over-oil filter.
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at 251-253-2032, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.