MGW is pleased to introduce the only full replacement shifter assembly for the Generation 5 Camaro. Addressing not simply the long throw of the stock shifter, the MGW Shifter also corrects the mushy rubbery vague feel of the stock mounting design and also the insufficient spring return for the 2-3 power shifts. After extensive testing, we have come to the conclusion that the best combination of shift effort, speed, and smoothness is achieved with a 33 percent throw reduction design. Key features that set this shifter design apart from the competition are:
- Full replacement assembly, not simply a center shaft change out.
- 33 percent throw reduction ideal for road course and drag racing. (will not fatigue driver and fight gear engagement)
- Integral spring return to 3-4 gate to assist in fast 2-3 powershifts and smooth 5-4 downshifts
- High temp. rear polyurethane bushing mount to remove OEM shifter sloppy feel and deflection
- All components are CNC machined and type 3 hard coat anodized aluminum or 303 aircraft-grade stainless steel
- The kit comes complete with custom upper dust boots and sound and thermal insulation pads to provide quiet cool operation of the shifter
- Patented sound dampening center shaft to prevent rattling that often plagues aftermarket shifters
- Accepts stock shifter knob as well as MGW Race Knobs & MGW Gripper Knobs
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.