Stilo ST5 FN carbon helmets feature a redesigned shell that optimizes shell size, airflow, visibility, and weight. They offer two different shell sizes, allowing Stilo to create better-fitting helmets that are lighter in weight. ST5 FN carbon helmets feature Puro Super Smooth technology—a superior finish that removes the need for lacquer, and also saves weight.
* Eye port on all ST5 helmets is taller than the previous ST4
* Much larger visor than previous models and opens past the line of sight
* 3mm clear visor for the absolute best in protection
* Use of ear bud-style earphones with an optional adapter
* Integrated electronics jack is positioned away from the HANS post anchor to make the use of the jack trouble-free, even when the HANS is worn
* Wiring is all positioned safely and conveniently behind the padding so as to be transparent to the user
* Standard ear cushions
* Earmuffs provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear
* EPS cheek pads provide the best in lateral crash safety, while retaining the functionality of the earmuffs to provide a comfortable aural environment for communication
* The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuff’s unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
* All Stilo closed faced helmets come ready for integrated electronics, air supply, and hydration or any combination of the three–all options integrate seamlessly with the new ST5.
* M6 nut pre-installed for easy FHR installation
Front, rear, and IndyCar aero kits are available as add-ons
Stilo has two separate shell sizes for this helmet. This allows us to make a better-fitting helmet that is lighter weight. Instead of filling a very large shell with lots of padding for a size small, we have one shell size for x-small to medium, and one for large and x-large.
Snell SA2015 vs 2020 …what’s changed? The Snell SA2020 testing requirements have changed a small amount and have now become more in line with the FIA 8859 Helmet Standard.
Increased velocity by 5-10% for impact testing on the 2nd hit across all shell sizes.
Increased velocity from 5.7 to 6.0 m/s on the 54cm to 59cm size.
Increased peak G threshold on the 54cm to 59cm size and 60cm-64cm size.
Additionally, Stilo has made an improvement on the SA2020 Carbon Helmets: SA2020 ST5 Carbon FIA8859 helmets will be 50/60g lighter thanks to our new Puro Super Smooth technology unique to Stilo. This superior finish removes the need for lacquer and also saves weight. A benefit to painters is the decal is no longer under the clear coat. This model now comes with a decal like our Zero’s and 8860’s.
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.