Water/Methanol injection has been in use for several decades in multiple applications. Originally, it was used to reduce knock while increasing power and performance in aircraft engines. Eventually it came to be used in the motorsports industry where it was found to have substantial benefits on turbocharged engines. The Weistec Water-Methanol Injection System provides substantial cooling and knock prevention benefits to the M178 BiTurbo 4.0L engine helping improve consistency and performance. The system features a Water/Methanol Controller with built in MAP sensor. This controller is a progressive controller that slowly increases injection as boost builds, resulting in smooth and seemless operation. To tap into the manifold for vacuum and boost readings, the custom designed and CNC machined billet aluminum Weistec Vacuum/Boost Adapter is included, simplifying boost reference installation. The included Weistec Silicone Turbo Charge Pipes each have a built in port for the Weistec Barbed Injector Body, allowing the use of two injectors for uniform injection and cooling. The combination of the cooling effects of methanol and the knock resistance of water result in significant gains(through improved cooling and octane) in horsepower* and torque* as well as reduced chance of heat soaking the intercooler system.
This system is a complete, bolt on system that can be installed with out any guess work or custom fabrication. Weistec has engineered and manufactured many of the components of this system to ensure a simple and straight forward installation that a universal kit simply lacks. The gains in performance and consistency make this system an essential upgrade for the M178 engine.
- Reduced Intake Air Temperatures
- Increased Knock/Detonation Resistance
- 20-80 HP Gain*
- 4 Ply Silicone Charge Pipes with integrated Injector Ports
- Weistec Vacuum/Boost Adapter CNC machined out of billet aluminum
- Water/Methanol Controller with built in MAP sensor
- Dual Weistec CNC Machined Injector Bodies with built in check valves
- Small, Medium and Large Quantity Injection Nozzles Included for a wide range of configuration
- Tank with Integrated Level Sensor (actual tank my vary from images)
- High Quality Quick Disconnect Fittings
- Designed for 50/50 Water and Methanol Mixture
- Compatible with Stock, W.3, and W.4 Turbochargers
- All hardware and gaskets are included
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.