The EFR 8474 represents the state-of-the-art from BorgWarner Turbo Systems in 2019. The next evolution of the #1 most popular EFR turbo, the 8474 is intended for applications that require an unmatched response and broad powerband in the 500-800+hp range. Designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 68mm compressor inducer with low inertia and quick spooling 84mm exducer allows the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top without compromising down low and midrange. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR8374, this turbo flows an impressive 95lbs/min of air at the same 127k RPM maximum shaft speed.
That’s a 22% improvement inflow on the same turbo size! Efficiency plateaus are widened as a result and higher pressure ratios can be better utilized.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 84mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated compressor recirculation valve
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
Using Borg Warner’s large inducer “black series” 84mm billet compressor (68mm inducer) the 8474 houses the EFR extended-tip compressor wheel design capable of 95 lb/min airflow rate. We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run this turbo to the limit (125krpm+)
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
The EFR 8474 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008000
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741008001
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019002
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008003
1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll External-WG
0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
Optional 2000 Degree Coating
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in 2mm oil restrictor
- Watercooled Center Section – water cooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram: @FFPerformanceAZ and Youtube.
EMAIL A FACTORY SPECIALIST FOR HELP CALL A FACTORY SPECIALIST NOW
There are no reviews yet.