- GARRETT G SERIES COMPRESSOR AERODYNAMICS FOR MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER
- 73mm TURBOCHARGER COMPRESSOR INDUCER
- COMPACT COMPRESSOR HOUSING SAVES SPACE
- FULLY MACHINED SPEED SENSOR AND PRESSURE PORTS
- NEW TURBINE WHEEL AERO FOR INCREASED EFFICIENCY AND FLOW
- STAINLESS STEEL TURBINE HOUSINGS IN V-BAND AND T4 CONNECTIONS
- WATER FITTINGS INCLUDED
- 1200 HORSEPOWER CAPABLE
WARNING: Maximum allowable turbocharger speed is 118krpm. The use of this product above max turbocharger speed is at the owner’s risk, and can result in damage and premature failure. To protect the turbocharger from overspeed when operating, a speed sensor can be installed into the compressor housing to monitor shaft speed. Sensors sold separately.
Performance results of this product are highly dependent upon your vehicle’s modifications and tuning/calibration. The horsepower numbers represented above are calculated based strictly on choke flow of the compressor map (total turbo capability), which represents the potential flywheel horsepower.
|G42-1200 Compact Reference Data
Supercore PN: 860778-5002S
Compressor Map & Exhaust Flow Chart
The latest Garrett technologies featuring many advanced features.
EXHAUST FLOW CHART
- CFD (computational fluid dynamics) engineered compressor wheel
- Optimized blade contour with 10 blade count
- Forged and fully-machined compressor wheel
- More power and faster boost response
- Smaller wheel = lower inertia
- Garrett® G42-1200 available with compact housing and standard housing
- Garrett® G42-1450 available only with standard housing
- (A) Fully machined ported shroud to help reduce compressor surge.
- (B) A fully machined speed sensor port provides racers the option to add a speed sensor. Comparing shaft speed and boost levels on a compressor map will help determine ideal operating conditions to ensure peak power over a wider operating range.
- (C ) The fully machined pressure port.
- Sold separately, the Garrett ® G Series speed sensor kits have new part numbers and are not compatible with GT/GTX kits. Easier to install and will not need to be adjusted for length like previous sensors. Simply remove bolt that secures the plug, insert the speed sensor and re-tighten the bolt.
Speed Sensor Kits
G Series Street Kit: 781328-0003 (includes speed sensor, wire harness, gauge)
G Series Pro Kit: 781328-0004 (includes speed sensor, wire harness)
- Aluminum backplate for reduced weight (GTX42 Steel)
- Includes (2) -6AN water fittings
- Center housing to turbine housing Vband connection makes installation easy for installers. (Same Vband as GTX42 / GTX45)
- GTX and GT turbine housings are not interchangeable
- Full 360 degree orientation of compressor housing and non wastegated turbine housings
- An o-ring between the compressor housing and backplate reduces any boost pressure leakage
- Twin piston rings on both sides of the shaft reduce the likeliness of oil leakage from the center housing to the compressor or turbine stage.
- A new oil deflector redirects oil away from the compressor stage seals reducing possibility of oil leakage through the seals.
- 10mm ceramic dual ball bearing cartridge (Same as GTX42)
- The turbine wheel features all new aerodynamics to improve flow and boost response.
- Inconel super alloy construction for temperatures up to 950C
- New turbine wheel flows 10% more and has peak efficiency of 77% (Compared to GTX42 at 74% with 1.01A/R)
- 82mm inducer / 75mm exducer 84 Trim
- G42 turbine housings are made from stainless steel to provide ultimate durability and temperature capability up 950 deg C degrees | 1742 deg F
- B&C qualified
- GTX and GT housings not interchangeable.
- Turbine housings are available in V-band, open, free float configurations for launch
- V-band inlet is 3.6 inch / 92mm ( compared to GTX30/35 3 inch / 76mm
- V-band outlet is 4.3 inch / 109mm
We’ve got your back!
Function Factory Performance takes “customer service” very personally. We understand that finding the right parts can be overwhelming. Education and awareness are the principles that keep us ahead of the curve. Let us make this experience simple, easy, and awesome, so without hesitation give us a call at (480) 576-8606, feel free to direct message on our live chat, or CLICK HERE to contact us via email.